Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Touching the Void

It was like the Space Race of the 50's and 60's yesterday. The challenge? To hit coping in the deep end of Scalzi Skatepark.

Dave P set it off with a killer backside grind. Although you can't see his face in the picture, I assure you it's him.

Come to think of it, you can't see anyone's face. Hey, can we get a photographer that can frame up a shot here? (Kidding of course)

After Dave hit his mark, I tried unsuccessfully for about 10 times. No luck, but damn, I came close.


Meanwhile, Sato has always been able to hit consistant frontside grinds in the same pocket, making my attempts look quite pathetic.
To the layman: That's an 11' deep pool. Frontside = Sick!

Photos by PDA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... how old should a kid be before you get them a skateboard? I used to skateboard when I was little and I want to get my daughter one. Are there lessons and stuff at Scalzi?

Scott Forbes said...

I don't know about any lessons at Scalzi. I would guess a safe age to ride the bowls would be 6 or 7? I've seen younger kids tearing it up....but I'm stickiing with 6 or 7. That's my final answer.

Bring the kids down, we'll teach em.