Monday, May 5, 2008

16 MM Madness



The purpose of this blog was supposed to be to document Frosch-Frog Productions. But I kind of got sidetracked with photos & stories of all the great skateboarding as of late. Besides, I don't want to bore anyone with the details surrounding tire shop commercials and corporate DVDs. Zzzzzz....
I'm only reporting on the interesting stuff like music videos and short films. Which brings us to today's post:

With all the filming going on in Stamford lately, we figured we would jump into the fray. Dateline: Sunday, May 4th. Location: The corner of Summer Street and 8th. I had the pleasure of filming with an Eclair ACL16mm camera on the set of Paul David Anthony's new film, "Friendship". Coming from an entirely digital background, I must say it was quite difference than what I'm used to. It's not every day that I get to shoot with some classic film gear, and it was a lot of fun.

Despite a rocky start (I forgot, you have to hold the shutter button down the WHOLE time you're filming--It's not like a camcorder where you just press 'record'! Sorry, force of habit) Well, anyways, despite a few glitches, we were able to get all our shots.....I think! You see unlike video, you can't roll back the tape and watch it on a field monitor. So here's hoping that it all comes out OK. You can't fake the funk: Film is film and nothing else looks like it. I don't care how many Magic Bullet filters you apply to your 24p footage. It's not the same.

So here are a few behind-the-scenes production stills from yesterday's shoot. I'll keep you posted on the progress of the movie. BTW, "Friendship" is the third movie in PDA's trilogy. It should be out later this year.




A sign of confidence. (I think?)

No comments: