Friday, May 23, 2008

California-Part Two


Back to the pictures and commentary. Where was I? Oh yeah, remember this guy? Conroy, alive and well. I hadn't seen him since the crazy Denver days of 97-98.


We all ate breakfast at this place:



The Hash House specializes in novelty-size portions of food. For example, this was my pancake. Now who's gonna be able to finish that?
(Hand in picture for scale)
Regardless, it was delicious. But as Matt put it, "This is ridiculous."

Not to be outdone, you should have seen the gigantic Eggs Benedict/chicken fried steak that a woman was eating at the table next to us. I would have taken a picture of it, but, you know.

We headed up to Los Angles on Wednesday, May 14th. First stop was Venice Beach, stemming from my facination with the film "Dogtown and Z-Boyz". Didn't get a lot of pictures, but here's the Santa Monica Pier:


Look! Check it out! We were in an actual LA traffic jam. I-95 has got nothing on the 405!


Next stop: Meeting up with Cousin Curt, AKA the Mayor of Studio City. He gave us a tour of Hollywood, including a trip up to the famous sign...


...which moved on to happy hour on the Sunset Strip.


The LA tour ended with our obligatory visit to the sushi place near CBS studios.
See that octopus in the background? I ate that!
See the Korean beer? I drank it.
I love-a Sushi! I love Lucy!


Parting shot: Solana Beach. That's all I got.


This concludes the "vacation photos" segment for the foreseeable future, cuz I'm broke.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Bman said...

Frosch...You had me until you quoted the movie "Blast from the Past". Not Dave Foley's best movie work; wait does Dave Foley have any good movie work?

Scott Forbes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Forbes said...

Whoops! I need an edit function.

Where/what was the David Foley quote?