Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shooting the Boardlords: Day Two


Dateline: Monday, February 4th, 2008. We return to the Crystal Theatre for the second night of filming the new music video. And based on what I've seen of the footage, we're taking this thing to a whole new level.

Last week we primarily shot the "band performance" footage. This time it was all about the storyline that surrounds the song. And oh boy, wait to you see what we have in store for you. We actually constructed a room on stage using the Crystal Theatre's props. (And speaking of props, much thanks to the theatre for letting us film yet ANOTHER night) As far as set design goes, I think the Little Rascals could have done a better job....but in this case, it's all about the music and the story.


I've got a TON of behind-the-scenes production stills, but unfortunately I can't show any here. I don't want to give the plot of the video away. (This one above is just a tease) But trust me, it's going to be worth the wait.

We didn't wrap till well after midnight. Plus it took forever to strike the set and clean up. I think I got two hours of sleep Monday night. We still have a few pickup shots to grab, but it's nice to know the majority of the filming is now behind us.

I've laid out a preliminary edit, and it's not bad so far. As always, keep checking back for more updates.

No comments: