Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hey Marist Alumni...

...did you know that the Marist Circle (AKA the Daily Faberian) is available online? Well at least some of it anyways. The years 1961-1999 seem to be archived quite nicely. Then it takes a bit of a dip after that. But who cares? We went to college in the early 90's, so we're covered. View the archive list here. (That outta drive down workplace productivity a bit)

But enough about that. Let's focus in on me. Or specifically the two times that I graced the pages of the Circle.

Exhibit A: A picture of me drumming in the Spring 93 Battle of the Bands. Hosted by none other than MTV's Half Hour Comedy Hour star Kevin James. (He was later on a show called King of Queens) Of course guitar playing was masterfully handled by none other than Chris Kossowski. (Hey Chris, now you're name is gonna show up in Google again!) I believe Chris was mocked by Kevin James for wearing sunglasses indoors.

But wait, hold on....The Scott Forbes? Who the hell is that? My one shot at Circle greatness and they get my name wrong. Ahhh, who cares, I'll take it.

BTW, I know, I put this picture up a few years ago, I'm just getting some more life out of it. Hey, gimme a break, how often does one get in the newspaper?



Let's move on.

Exhibit B: A letter to the editor. (And you can click on it to read it better) What's the story behind this? Well, I really don't know. Evidently, there was some kind of interest in adding "educational" cable channels to the Marist lineup. Myself, (although being a fan of television) felt the college campus wasn't in need of The Discovery Channel and Comedy Central.



Now, I can't take full credit for this masterpiece. I'm sure Dob and Skow were egging me on as I penned this tome. I think "veiled ploy" came directly from Skow's mouth. I must note, it looks like I just learned the abbreviation "FYI", and was excited to use it, although I don't think I used it with the proper impact. (And I don't think anyone would really care that I was a WTZA intern) But I would like to point out that my letter to the editor is funnier than the humor columnist, whose article can be viewed above mine.

So the moral of the story is, be careful: Every stupid thing you do is gonna turn up on the internet if it hasn't already. I'll keep searching for more funny material. I think it's interesting/sad that I would probably still think and say the same things as I did in 1994. (I would just swap out Melrose Place with American Idol) And Chris K asked what Hudson Valley museums I was talking about. I haven't the foggiest. Is the Vanderbilt Mansion a museum?

Non Related: I'm combating Seasonal Affective Disorder (Or SAD as it's commonly known) by listening to the following:
Minnie Ripperton-Inside My Love
RAMP-Daylight
Roy Ayers-Everybody Loves the Sunshine
Black Sabbath-Meglomania (OK, so maybe that last one isn't a good choice)

No comments: