Saturday, February 9, 2008

Compressor 3: Let the Rant Begin


Ugghhh, Compressor 3. The albatross of Final Cut Studio. I thought I had solved the problem by upgrading to FCP Studio 2. But I guess I was wrong. Yup, Compressor is still plagued by problems. Last time around, the message "unable to connect to background process" popped up when I tried to compress a movie. This time around it's, Unable to submit to queue. Please restart your computer or verify your Compressor installation is correct”.

Seriously Apple, get your act together. BTW, this is not a fixit forum. I'm just hoping that by putting down these buzzwords, someone from a higher power (Apple) might see this post, and realize what a suck-fest Compressor is. I've never been able to get the program to work for more than five minutes, and when it did, it CREEPED along. So slowly in fact that I think it was working in reverse, uncreating the file that I was trying to compress. (OK, that was just a feeble joke) BTW pt 2, I did go to Apple's fixit page. Aside from doing a re-install, none of their tips worked.

All the other programs in the FCP suite work rock-solid. Why are Compressor and QMaster such garbage? Q-Master, wtf, is that?? Weren't they the 80's synth band that did the song, "Dancing in Heaven"?

Anyways, I was going to make the above "no compressor" ghostbuster graphic, but Scott Simmons beat me to it, so I "borrowed" his. He has some sensible tips on how to fix the problem. I just don't feel like uninstalling Compressor right now. I'm going to give Pacifist a shot.

Bye bye. Compressor sucks!

No comments: