Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It Begins: The Boardlords Video Shoot




Timeline: Monday night, January 28th. I'm sitting in the parking lot of Norwalk's Crystal Theatre with my three assistants waiting for the band to show up. We're freezing our asses off.

Wait, what's going on? Oh yeah, let me back up: We've officially begun production of the new Boardlord's music video to coincide with the release of their new CD.

Well, the band eventually showed up and we got things started. Getting to film on an actual stage was fantastic. (The Crystal Theatre is one of those old-timey theatres used for plays and such and such) Plenty of room to set up lights and grip. Normally when I shoot, we don't have a lot of room for cameras, lights, c-stands. This was a pleasant change.

As expected, time was not on our side. Before I knew it, it was after midnight. But we got a lot of great footage on our first night of shooting. The Boardlords are a unique bunch with some original ideas, and I think it comes though in the footage.

I can't divulge too much about the video until it is released, but check back for more updates. Thanks to Kris, Rob, Paul and our faithful dolly grip, Doug Freehold for all their help. You guys have some good Karma headed your way. (Uhh...in other words, this is a non-paying gig)

I've begun a rough edit of the footage, and I'm very happy so far. The Canon XH-A1 is nothing short of phenomenal. I shot last night's footage in 24F. I'm still trying to work out an ideal workflow in Final Cut Studio 2. Stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes posts, and keep your eyes open for the Boardlord's video debut!

Photos by PDA

No comments: