Friday, December 21, 2007

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be


What the hell is up with eBay? Several years ago, I could put mud in a jar, list it and somebody would buy it for 10 bucks. Now you can't get a decent price for anything. Case and point: DVDs. They are virtually worthless. I tried to sell a couple of those Lord of the Rings DVDs for a few bucks each. Not even a bite. The money's not really important. I just want to get some of this stuff out of our house, and I'd feel guilty about throwing it out. Especially when there might be some LOTR nerd out there who would appreciate the Extended Edition, Widescreen, 4-Disc Set of The Two Towers. The onset of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD has made DVD's virtually worthless, even if no one is really buying the new players yet.

And what about baseball cards? Remember when we were kids? We speculated that we'd live like kings when we sold our collections. This rookie Eddie Murray card sold for $2.25. Worthless! You know what? Maybe all those mothers who threw out their son's baseball card collections knew what they were doing after all!
And I don't even want to know what my comic book collection isn't worth. (Just kidding, I never collected comics. But I do have an Indiana Jones movie magazine that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.)
A tanking economy is having a trickle down effect on everyone. Nobody wants to buy crap anymore! So political leaders of America, get your act together: Put this economy back on track so I can continue selling Rolling Rock football jerseys for seventy five bucks a pop!

No comments: