Sunday, April 3, 2011

NCAA Observations From the Last Person Who Should Be Making Them


Hey it must be spring right? Time for March madness. Say, did you ever see the game where the one team had a 10 point lead going into the half? And then they totally blow it and the rival team catches up? Everything is tied up at the final minute of play. And then the original team wins it after that sixty seconds is dragged into 25 minutes of personal fouls, time outs, coach con-fabs and crappy commercials. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I mean, Go Huskies! (I'm more excited about the upcoming AHL game in my neighborhood, but that's just me)


Observation: Is it just me or do players these days have some serious tattoo work? Is this an NCAA tournament or a Sturgis bike rally? It used to be guys had one tribal tattoo and maybe the Tasmanian Devil. Now everyone looks like WWE's The Undertaker.

Next topic: I'm really cleaning up in my eBay auctions. I made a killing on what I would refer to as the "posi-core" lot, with bands like Youth of Today (wishing Well pressing) Beyond, Gorilla Biscuits, Up Front (Hi Jeff & Jon!) and Verbal Assault. While it pains me to part with these records. (kinda) I think it's time to give them a new home. Plus I no longer have a turntable thanks to some clumsy, stupid movers. But that's going back a few years. I'll be curious to see what this Slipknot 7" goes for. Ha ha. How 'bout those two Metallica 45's? Oh man, back in the day I thought I'd be able to sell those one fine day and buy a palatial mansion. What will I get for them? 20 bucks? No bids? Yeah, I'm going with no bids. Don't care, I've done quite well off all the other stuff.

Good God, this post has become some kind of HTML nightmare. My eyes are killing me, I don't want to be in the Matrix anymore, give me the blue pill!

No comments: