Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scalzi Barbeque-Photo Roundup

Time for another barbeque at Scalzi Skatepark, this one taking place on Saturday, June 21st, which is (believe it or not) National Go Skate Day. While I'm sure groms descended en masse on the streets of Manhattan, we kept it local.

I forgot my camera, so there's not a lot of documentation of the actual barbeque. But PDA got the shot below: Myself queued up in line for Billy Bonebrake's famous hamburgers hot off the grille.


I kept the local groms hopped up on sugar with a seemingly endless supply of Cherry Pepsi. Parents, you're welcome.

Shades of the great Chris Miller. Gene busting out a tuck-knee frontside in the deep end.



Billy Bonebrake, the man can carve it up and make a mean potato salad.



PDA, full coping contact in the deep end. By his account, he got pretty worked by the end of the day. Sometimes those knee & elbow pads slip off, rendering them 100% useless.



Jim Murphy stopped up from Queens. (Wounded Knee Skateboards) He pretty much killed it with Madonnas, big frontside airs and tweaked inverts. Did anybody get that guy a hot dog?



I think I was at the park from about 10:30 till 4. A full day of skating, and I even went back for some more the next morning.

Good barbeque. See you at the next one.

2 comments:

Stamford Talk said...

Um exsqueeze me why the hell was I not invited to this? Was it up on the forum and I just didn't see it?

Oh well. It was a beautiful day even if I had to spend it in Norwalk- oh shoot, did Stamford Talk just say that out loud?

Thanks for posting pics, F-F!

Scott Forbes said...

We've been hyping this thing for at least a month on the boards. Sorry you didn't see it. We coulda' used another photog.