Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Quick Rant:

Well, I might as well use this space to rant about some issues. That's what I do best. Anyways, everybody is concerned these days with the environment and "going green" and so on and so forth. That brings me to my love/hate relationship with B&H Photo in New York.

Let me set the stage: I ordered some various supplies from them this week. A few Rosco gels and a mini DV case holder. The order arrived no problem, but the boxes were stuffed with a ridiculous amount of packing supplies:

The gels were in a huge cardboard box stuffed with those Styrofoam peanuts. The tape case was surrounded by 27 (count 'em) of those plastic air pillow thingys.

I'm all for packing high-ticket items accordingly, but c'mon. Just stick those gels in a tube. And the tape case would have been fine with about 5 of those pillow thingys. Let's keep things simple. I've got enough garbage I have to throw out already. Plus, wouldn't it cut down on the company's overhead? Or do they somehow make money by using an obscene amount of Styrofoam peanuts?

Just asking.

No comments: